House of Representatives votes on decriminalizing marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev J View Post

I know that there are a lot of Meth Labs on and around military bases since they have everything you need to make it in bulk. I grew up next to one. (Military base not Meth Lab.)

C/S,
    Rev J
    I did a lot of water treatment work which made it easy to order all kinds of shit. I was careful with precursors and batched the stable compounds. I had clean crystals forming on a glass plate. Since I was in sales my days off were in the middle of the week. So I could stink up a whole apartment building without complaints. At one point it was costing me around $5 a gram to make. I never sold it, it was all for me.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

I did a lot of water treatment work which made it easy to order all kinds of shit. I was careful with precursors and batched the stable compounds. I had clean crystals forming on a glass plate. Since I was in sales my days off were in the middle of the week. So I could stink up a whole apartment building without complaints. At one point it was costing me around $5 a gram to make. I never sold it, it was all for me.
      Yeah, other than prescribed Ritalin in my late teens I never got into it. I've seen it fuck up a lot of people though. Enough to tell me to stay away from it.

C/S,
      Rev J

Comment

Originally posted by Rev J View Post

Yeah, other than prescribed Ritalin in my late teens I never got into it. I've seen it fuck up a lot of people though. Enough to tell me to stay away from it.

C/S,
        Rev J
        That's why I never got into heroin, I saw the damage it did. Speed had a whole different persona. Speed may kill, but amphetamines kill very slowly.

Comment

I wish horrible outcomes upon the doctors and therapists who push amphetamines onto children. Even worse ones upon those who push hormone blockers.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
            I wish horrible outcomes upon the doctors and therapists who push amphetamines onto children. Even worse ones upon those who push hormone blockers.
            No shit. I can't fathom how anyone can justify the Mengele-esque experimentation on children, by doctors. The only difference is that today the children aren't kidnapped. They're presented for experimentation by their parents. Kind of a double-dose of betrayal these children will grow up to realize.

Makes me wonder if the confluence on the 21st will be foretelling.

Comment

• 6-eyed
              6-eyed commented
              Editing a comment
              This current generation of young adults were the 1st ADHD generation that they began experimenting on as early as 1987. Sadly I was part of that experimentation, and was told I couldn't function in society without meds from an early age, and I believed it. The double-dose betrayal sure hit pretty hard. I can't imagine how the children of today will turn out, after so many are being convinced they were born the wrong gender.

• WritersPanic
              WritersPanic commented
              Editing a comment
              And yet, gender is just a social construct, but trans people were born into the wrong body?

My brother was a ritalin kid. It was like flipping a switch. One day it stopped working and he went from mellow to psychotic. Thankfully quaaludes were going out of style, so Mom got him a supply of valium. He sold those to buy pot and finally leveled out and built a decent life. I was already out of the Navy by that point.

Then he became an alcoholic. I only hear the occasional drunken rant. The solemn requests from him, for money, stopped when I lost my job to covid. So it's been peaceful since July.

• Rev J
              Rev J commented
              Editing a comment
              Well 6. It started way earlier than that. I was diagnosed in '81 and they were doing that shit then too. Granted instead of ADD or ADHD it was called "Short Attention Span".

When I hit college the first time my morning routine was a cup of coffee, a cigarette, a glazed donut and a Ritalin. The good old American spirit of "A little ain't enough", if one stimulant doesn't do it try 5. I was actually given anti depressants for about a year or two when I got off Ritalin. Granted they hand out antidepressants a little too much too at ages that should be learning coping skills.
          Working...
          X