Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev J
    commented on 's reply
    Well 6. It started way earlier than that. I was diagnosed in '81 and they were doing that shit then too. Granted instead of ADD or ADHD it was called "Short Attention Span".

When I hit college the first time my morning routine was a cup of coffee, a cigarette, a glazed donut and a Ritalin. The good old American spirit of "A little ain't enough", if one stimulant doesn't do it try 5. I was actually given anti depressants for about a year or two when I got off Ritalin. Granted they hand out antidepressants a little too much too at ages that should be learning coping skills.

• WritersPanic
    commented on 's reply
    And yet, gender is just a social construct, but trans people were born into the wrong body?

My brother was a ritalin kid. It was like flipping a switch. One day it stopped working and he went from mellow to psychotic. Thankfully quaaludes were going out of style, so Mom got him a supply of valium. He sold those to buy pot and finally leveled out and built a decent life. I was already out of the Navy by that point.

Then he became an alcoholic. I only hear the occasional drunken rant. The solemn requests from him, for money, stopped when I lost my job to covid. So it's been peaceful since July.

• 6-eyed
    commented on 's reply
    This current generation of young adults were the 1st ADHD generation that they began experimenting on as early as 1987. Sadly I was part of that experimentation, and was told I couldn't function in society without meds from an early age, and I believed it. The double-dose betrayal sure hit pretty hard. I can't imagine how the children of today will turn out, after so many are being convinced they were born the wrong gender.

• WritersPanic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
    I wish horrible outcomes upon the doctors and therapists who push amphetamines onto children. Even worse ones upon those who push hormone blockers.
    No shit. I can't fathom how anyone can justify the Mengele-esque experimentation on children, by doctors. The only difference is that today the children aren't kidnapped. They're presented for experimentation by their parents. Kind of a double-dose of betrayal these children will grow up to realize.

Makes me wonder if the confluence on the 21st will be foretelling.

Leave a comment:

• 6-eyed
    replied
    I wish horrible outcomes upon the doctors and therapists who push amphetamines onto children. Even worse ones upon those who push hormone blockers.

Leave a comment:

• WritersPanic
    replied
    Originally posted by Rev J View Post

Yeah, other than prescribed Ritalin in my late teens I never got into it. I've seen it fuck up a lot of people though. Enough to tell me to stay away from it.

C/S,
    Rev J
    That's why I never got into heroin, I saw the damage it did. Speed had a whole different persona. Speed may kill, but amphetamines kill very slowly.

Leave a comment:

• Rev J
    replied
    Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

I did a lot of water treatment work which made it easy to order all kinds of shit. I was careful with precursors and batched the stable compounds. I had clean crystals forming on a glass plate. Since I was in sales my days off were in the middle of the week. So I could stink up a whole apartment building without complaints. At one point it was costing me around $5 a gram to make. I never sold it, it was all for me.
    Yeah, other than prescribed Ritalin in my late teens I never got into it. I've seen it fuck up a lot of people though. Enough to tell me to stay away from it.

C/S,
    Rev J

Leave a comment:

• WritersPanic
    replied

I know that there are a lot of Meth Labs on and around military bases since they have everything you need to make it in bulk. I grew up next to one. (Military base not Meth Lab.)

C/S,
    Rev J
    I did a lot of water treatment work which made it easy to order all kinds of shit. I was careful with precursors and batched the stable compounds. I had clean crystals forming on a glass plate. Since I was in sales my days off were in the middle of the week. So I could stink up a whole apartment building without complaints. At one point it was costing me around $5 a gram to make. I never sold it, it was all for me.

Leave a comment:

• Rev J
    replied

For me the speed started out as legally-prescribed. Then I couldn't get it that way so I bought it. But that became expensive, so I learned how to make it. That was the real curse.
    I know that there are a lot of Meth Labs on and around military bases since they have everything you need to make it in bulk. I grew up next to one. (Military base not Meth Lab.)

C/S,
    Rev J

Leave a comment:

• WritersPanic
    replied
    The thing is. Regarding the pharmaceutical industry. I partially blame them for the Meth epidemic by proxy. Most of the tweekers that I've met were either given Ritalin or Adderol which are both amphetamine derivatives for ADHD as a child or raided their kid brothers meds. It's only logical to ask what you think is going to happen to a kid when he grows up whey you give him amphetamines when he is 8 years old?

If you look at history you will see that prohibition doesn't work and never has. It generally causes more problems than it solves.

C/S,
    Rev J
    For me the speed started out as legally-prescribed. Then I couldn't get it that way so I bought it. But that became expensive, so I learned how to make it. That was the real curse.

Leave a comment:

• Rev J
    replied
    The thing is. Regarding the pharmaceutical industry. I partially blame them for the Meth epidemic by proxy. Most of the tweekers that I've met were either given Ritalin or Adderol which are both amphetamine derivatives for ADHD as a child or raided their kid brothers meds. It's only logical to ask what you think is going to happen to a kid when he grows up whey you give him amphetamines when he is 8 years old?

If you look at history you will see that prohibition doesn't work and never has. It generally causes more problems than it solves.

C/S,
    Rev J

Leave a comment:

• Rev J
    commented on 's reply
    Every once in a while a deer would die behind my dads fence. No one asked any questions.

• tumbling.dice
    replied

This is pretty broad though. Sure, if major growers are shipping across the country, there has to be some regulation as one expects from interstate commerce. Illegal smuggling into the country is the only static example of trafficking I can think of. And I don't want people trafficking canned mandarin orange slices into the country either.

What I really wonder about is how far the street level exchanges will be targeted. Or when growing would be allowed in Georgia (probably when Christ returns). I still make a lot of wine and trade regularly for eggs, cabbage, firewood and fruit. I'd love to be able to trade wine for pot as well. But, trading wine without a license isn't legal either. So I give it away.

And eggs, cabbage, firewood and fruit, arrive like magic at the door.

Oh, I didn't mean to keep laws about trafficking pot. I was thinking more along the lines of opioids and other highly addictive drugs. Addicts are easily taken advantage of.

Leave a comment:

• WritersPanic
    replied
    Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post

I still say keep the laws against trafficking.
    This is pretty broad though. Sure, if major growers are shipping across the country, there has to be some regulation as one expects from interstate commerce. Illegal smuggling into the country is the only static example of trafficking I can think of. And I don't want people trafficking canned mandarin orange slices into the country either.

What I really wonder about is how far the street level exchanges will be targeted. Or when growing would be allowed in Georgia (probably when Christ returns). I still make a lot of wine and trade regularly for eggs, cabbage, firewood and fruit. I'd love to be able to trade wine for pot as well. But, trading wine without a license isn't legal either. So I give it away.

And eggs, cabbage, firewood and fruit, arrive like magic at the door.

Leave a comment:

• Rev J
    replied
    Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
    I think this pretty much sums up all of our drug laws, at least at the level of personal use. There are cases of people being over-prescribed opioid pain killers, the doctors cut them off and they discover they can't function without it. So they turn to something like heroin for relief, get caught and wind up with a criminal record, lose their job, can't pay the bills and lose the house. It's bullshit.

I still say keep the laws against trafficking.
    I say stop treating it like a legal issue and treat it like a public health issue. That would free up the courts for more important shit, take some of the weight off from police departments etc. Since the Police and DEA wouldn't have as much to do take part of their budget to support rehabilitation and diversion programs.

The funny thing is that I have an uncle who did time for dealing cocaine. His source was in the New Jersey State Police. It got confiscated in New Jersey and ended up on the street in Maine. Drug wars and Tax Dollars at work. When my uncle got arrested the confiscated amount came up a little short.

C/S,
    Rev J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X