Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one way to deal with it

https://www.cbs42.com/news/health/co...id-19-victims/

Man. Americans are such pussies about this shit. "Oh they're going to fine us for not wearing masks." At least it's not "Here ya go grab a shovel dumbass." "But muh freedom." "That grave ain't gonna dig itself."

C/S,
    Rev J

But you're American too..

Comment

I can't read the link, something because I'm from Europe.... But ideally the OP explains a bit more when a thread is mainly about (content in) a link anyway

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
      You're aware of the concept of generalizing, I'm sure...

Comment

A second thought: you seem to see it as a bad or weak thing if he indirectly would call himself a pussy by speaking of a group he himself is part of. But is that neccessarily so? Self criticism and mockery can be very useful Not that I think Rev included himself in those Americans he spoke of, not sure he consciously excluded himself from them either :P Just thinking out loud here

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
          Beach Ball Bitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Rev considers himself above All others and supposedly enlightened. He thinks he is on the right side of history.

• Rev J
          Rev J commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah you support people who post "Day of the rope" references on social media. Tim McVeigh referenced that book too. Then there's the fact that you support the usurpation of the democratic process and the people who want to start a second civil war. What's the wrong side of history feel like again?

I don't consider myself above all others just above shit stains like you.
          Last edited by Rev J; 01-05-2021, 10:52 AM.

• Din Djarin
          Din Djarin commented
          Editing a comment
          Rev J Don't feed the troll

It would make sense if the mask actually protected us from Covid. But it doesn’t.

I say we make the liberal governors like Cuomo and Wittmer dig graves for the Covid victims who died from their policies of putting Covid patients in nursing homes. .

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

A second thought: you seem to see it as a bad or weak thing if he indirectly would call himself a pussy by speaking of a group he himself is part of. But is that neccessarily so? Self criticism and mockery can be very useful Not that I think Rev included himself in those Americans he spoke of, not sure he consciously excluded himself from them either :P Just thinking out loud here
          lol you think too much ..

Comment

But I only view the mask thing like the minor inconvenience that it is. Unlike some people who think it's a huge personal affront to their freedom.

C/S,
            Rev J

Comment

I have no problem wearing a mask, or using hand sanitizer, etc.
              To me, better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

I have no problem wearing a mask, or using hand sanitizer, etc.
                To me, better to be safe than sorry.
                Me neither. I work as an in home caregiver so frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer are second nature. Due to the fact that I get off work between midnight and 1am so I pretty much keep vampire hours. I pretty much only wear the mask when it's required. I treat going to the store like doing a bank robbery, put on my mask, go in and get out as quickly as possible. Outdoor transmission is extremely rare and I only have one client 2 days a week that insists I wear a mask. Otherwise it's really only where required and it's just a minor inconvenience. I always have my mask in my pocket and ready to go so it's become second nature. It's kinda like putting on a seatbelt.

C/S,
                Rev J

Comment

I can't read the link, something because I'm from Europe.... But ideally the OP explains a bit more when a thread is mainly about (content in) a link anyway

You're aware of the concept of generalizing, I'm sure...
                  The essence of the article is in Indonesia if you aren't mask compliant instead of instituting a fine they make you dig graves for COVID victims. The fact that over here we have people who overreact to having to wear masks and social distancing even to the point of marching on government offices with guns.

C/S,
                  Rev J

Comment

I can't read the link, something because I'm from Europe....
                    I can't beleive no one did this for you

INDONESIA (KXAN) — Eight people who refused to wear face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are now facing the punishment for violating Indonesian mandates requiring face coverings.

Their punishment: digging graves for those who have died from COVID-19, according to the Jakarta Post.

“There are only three available gravediggers at the moment, so I thought I might as well put these people to work with them,” local politician and Cerme District head Suyono told Tribun News.

Suyono said that two people were assigned to each grave — one to dig and one to line the hole with wooden boards for support. He added that the violators did not, however, participate in the actual burials.

“Hopefully, this can create a deterrent effect against violations,” he said.

Indonesia made mask wearing mandatory on April 5, SBS News in Australia reports. In addition to grave digging, violators in the country have also been made to sit in a hearse containing a casket — and asked to reflect on their actions.

Meanwhile, businesses who violated the rules were temporarily shut down and made to clean sewers as punishment, a law enforcement coordinator reports.

Since the outbreak of the pandemic, over 221,000 cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Indonesia, SBS says. This includes 8,841 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Indonesia has the highest death numbers in all of Southeast Asia.

Comment

• Rev J
                      Rev J commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you.
                      Last edited by Rev J; 01-05-2021, 10:49 AM.

lol you think too much ..
                    That would only be true if it would bother me in some way I guess if anything I would share my thoughts 'too much' in this case :P (which seems arguable)

Comment

• Dr. Doom
                      Dr. Doom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      like I said, you think too much.

• Din Djarin
                      Din Djarin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      @Amerijuanican
                      Why too much? If it serves me.

Seems you concluded that because I shared my thoughts too much in a thread that was supposed to go about sonething else. Hence my nuancing seems correct: I talk(ed) too much about said thoughts

Would having this much thought bother you? :-D (i am wondering because it seems too much to you :P )

• Rev J
                      Rev J commented
                      Editing a comment
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx849ymo1c

Hello it's me,
                      I've thought about us for a long, long time,
                      Maybe I think too much but something's wrong,
                      There's something here that doesn't last too long,

reminds of stories ive heard about local townsfolk near german death camps being forced to clean up the bodies after the allies liberated the camps

"we didnt know"

yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceMan View Post
                      reminds of stories ive heard about local townsfolk near german death camps being forced to clean up the bodies after the allies liberated the camps

"we didnt know"

yeah right
                      And there is the quandary. We know that this is a deadly situation. At every turn anyone with more than 2 functioning brain cells knows this but is convinced that this is a "Chinese Hoax" or any one of a million half baked conspiracy theories. If you don't want to put on PPE to mitigate the problem then you can put on PPE to help clean it up. The choice is yours. Standard conservative backup excuse "Personal Responsibility". If you want to adbocate that responsibility then you have to own up to the outcome. Sorry kids if you want to stop wearing masks if 90% of the population do it will contain the outbreak in 90 days (what did Biden say about his first 100 days? Huh sounds like some bullshit that the scientific community pulled out of their ass) hey fuck, try this thought experiment on for size the faster you put that shit on the faster you can take it off. Novel concept. Quit being a little bitch about your personal comfort and fast forward the progress to regaining your personal comfort. If COVID doesn't get you the government trained snipers who will pick you off will (sarcasm noted). In true American fashion we are behind the curve. While Europe, Australia, Asia etc are on at least their second wave of this pandemic we are still on our first. Honestly, fuck your freedom for a minute you selfish cunt. The longer you hold out with "Muh Freedom" as a defense the longer you give up your freedom. The situation is only as temporary as you make it. Basic common sense. Part of the reason the "Spanish Flu" lasted so long and had a lower bodycount the population worked together to sabotage it. I've seen the "Wear a mask or go to jail" signs from 1918 given the stonage predicament that we're in you are signing your own death certificate (The Rick Sanchez in me says "Here's the gun and the bullet, have fun" but the other side of me says "Jesus Christ I need stitches from the ricochet!") fuck it dude march into the incinerator and do society a favor at the end you will be a dustpan full of ashes and the less that you take with you the better. It's kinda cold but fuck I can't deal with reinforcing your delusions. Ain't Darwinism a bitch?

C/S,
                      Rev J

Comment

Working...
                      X