Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The date of Australia Day must be changed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The date of Australia Day must be changed

    For reasons sadly I fear many of my fellow Aussies here simply have not got the empathy to understand, but I would like to point out that Australia Day itself has only been a National Public Holiday since 1994.

    It's not like it has been around for 100 or so fucking years, this whole argument about Tradition and pandering to minorities (the same usual and trite argument thrown out by people who do not want the date changed) does not hold wash at all.

    It's a day of sorrow and pain for our Indigenious Brothers and Sisters, their whole race, land and culture has been purged in part to events on this date.

    And whilst we're at it, the sooner we change the flag and become a Republic the better..

    These days England and The Poms couldn't catch a root in a brothel (metaphorically speaking) and I am extremely embarrassed that we are a part of their pissant 'Empire'

    We are a multi-cultural diverse nation of many races, religions, creeds etc, the sooner we cut ties with the Monarchy and stand on our own two feet as a country, the better.


    #2
    Not sure why you care when you have openly said how much you hate this country anyway.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by JVP View Post
      Not sure why you care when you have openly said how much you hate this country anyway.
      He's a man of principle.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by JVP View Post
        Not sure why you care when you have openly said how much you hate this country anyway.
        Stay on topic please.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ampol View Post

          Stay on topic please.
          My post was on topic.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by JVP View Post

            My post was on topic.
            Fine. Whatever, I don't want to get into my own past inflammatory comments, I would be hoping to try have a serious and mature discussion about clearly a controversial issue that is more relevant than ever.

            I am hoping we can try avoid personal insults and flame wars here, I really want a robust discussion about an opinion I am very passionate about (The rights and feelings of Indigenous/Native Australians)

            As I say, it's only been a National Public Holiday since 1994, how does changing it to a more sensitive date that will try be inclusive and tolerant of ALL AUSTRALIANS hurt anyone ?

            It's about doing a small part to try right the massive wrongs The British did to the Aboriginals in the past, and it is a big deal to many.

            I also find Colombus Day in the USA distasteful for similar reasons (alas that's a discussion for elsewhere)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ampol View Post

              Fine. Whatever, I don't want to get into my own past inflammatory comments, I would be hoping to try have a serious and mature discussion about clearly a controversial issue that is more relevant than ever.

              I am hoping we can try avoid personal insults and flame wars here, I really want a robust discussion about an opinion I am very passionate about (The rights and feelings of Indigenous/Native Australians)

              As I say, it's only been a National Public Holiday since 1994, how does changing it to a more sensitive date that will try be inclusive and tolerant of ALL AUSTRALIANS hurt anyone ?

              It's about doing a small part to try right the massive wrongs The British did to the Aboriginals in the past, and it is a big deal to many.

              I also find Colombus Day in the USA distasteful for similar reasons (alas that's a discussion for elsewhere)
              Haha ok then.

              I agree in changing the date. But I doubt it will ever happen. It would offend White Australia.

              Comment


                #8
                https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/it-is...atch-c-2031848

                Great to see the footy community get around the idea of changing the date ???

                Comment


                  #9
                  The British brought diversity to Australia.

                  Quit your bitching

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Perhaps you should celebrate lebanon's day of significance because of how unaustralian you are.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I think Australians are idiots.

                      Comment


                      • Vanilla Gorilla
                        Vanilla Gorilla commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Excluding myself, I don't have a counter argument for that

                      • neonspectraltoast
                        neonspectraltoast commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I flagged your comment.

                      • Mustard Tiger
                        Mustard Tiger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't relate place of origin to level of fuckwittery to make sure I don't offend your country men and women Neon. They don't deserve it?

                      #12
                      I'd be up for changing the name to John Howard day, and you could move the date to his birthday

                      #greatestAussiePMever

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by Loverofcatsandfooty View Post
                        Perhaps you should celebrate lebanon's day of significance because of how unaustralian you are.
                        Lol

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                          The British brought diversity to Australia.

                          Quit your bitching

                          Yeah by committing Genocide and stealing the land of the rightful owners and housing penal colonies full of rapists, murderers and all other kinds of swine that Britannia didn't want.

                          Great argument ???

                          Comment


                          • Vanilla Gorilla
                            Vanilla Gorilla commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, thank Christ we weren't colonized by the Spanish

                          #15
                          Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                          I'd be up for changing the name to John Howard day, and you could move the date to his birthday

                          #greatestAussiePMever
                          any relation to moe?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X