Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins Name Change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Washington Redskins Name Change

    For any NFL fanatics on the boards, it's looking more and more like this is going to happen. Top five possible new names for the Washington franchise, according to SportingNews, are:
    • Redtails
    • Warriors
    • Hogs or Red Hogs
    • Redhawks
    • Senators

    I personally don't think that any of these names accurately encapsulate anything about Washington,
    DC, so here are my ideas:
    • Special Interest Groups
    • Money Grabbers
    • Philanderers
    • Enemies Of Liberty
    • Unconvicted Criminals

    Special mention goes to Assholes.

    NOTE: There was once a college basketball team with the name The Fighting Whities. I personally liked the idea.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	FightingWhites.png Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	7918

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...51kkj1cgouwrgm

    #2
    I'd go with Hogs so their fans don't have to buy new outfits.

    I don't like Warriors because I'm a Golden State fan and I don't like Redhawks because it's too similar to Seattle Seahawks

    Comment


      #3
      really, they're considering changing to the warriors? that's kind of hilarious, because there's a pretty vocal group here lobbying hard to change the local school mascot from the warriors because apparently that's racist.

      Comment


        #4
        I think Redtails is in the lead at the moment. I don't think that one makes any sense tho. What the hell is a redtail?

        Actually I just Googled redtail. It's a web-based easy-to-use client management solution designed specifically for Financial Professionals. Strange mascot.

        Comment


          #5
          Washington Redskins.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
            For any NFL fanatics on the boards, it's looking more and more like this is going to happen. Top five possible new names for the Washington franchise, according to SportingNews, are:
            • Redtails
            • Warriors
            • Hogs or Red Hogs
            • Redhawks
            • Senators

            I personally don't think that any of these names accurately encapsulate anything about Washington,
            DC, so here are my ideas:
            • Special Interest Groups
            • Money Grabbers
            • Philanderers
            • Enemies Of Liberty
            • Unconvicted Criminals

            Special mention goes to Assholes.

            NOTE: There was once a college basketball team with the name The Fighting Whities. I personally liked the idea.

            Click image for larger version Name:	FightingWhites.png Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	7918

            https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...51kkj1cgouwrgm
            Lmfao!

            Comment


              #7
              I agree with our Native American Americans.

              A few of them are insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. You might think that naming a professional team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but NO. We must be careful not to offend, we must move forward. And look to where ALL of the teams may be offending someone.

              Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns. Hot Browns are a Louisville thing.

              The Carolina Panthers, obviously named to keep the memory of Black militants from the 60s alive. Gone. It's offensive to honkeys.

              The New York Yankees offend the Southerners. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? Hell No!

              The blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names violates church and state. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

              Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. Not the ones shot by the cops, but those horrible Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

              Then there's teams that clearly send the wrong message to our kids. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even poor spending habits. Wrong message to the children.

              The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates, 70s drugs.
              The Milwaukee Brewers. Well, that goes without saying. Wrong message to our children.

              For the Redskins name, I would suggest they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their management, while paying tribute to the dickheads in Congress.

              Comment


              • Undies
                Undies commented
                Editing a comment
                don't forget the detroit red wings. clearly offensive to menopausal women.

              #8
              Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
              Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. Not the ones shot by the cops, but those horrible Oakland Raiders,
              I was with you until this part, I think it's fair to keep a team name that symbolically represents the fan base.

              Comment


                #9
                To me, the real question is: why can't we preserve the NFL as it is as something amusing we can all laugh at ourselves with, and if there's a franchise called the Crackers, well, the more the merrier

                Why is it so important to have white skin? It won't protect you from Dracula. And we know that Dracula can kill.

                So yeah, I think we should all come together and enjoy our ridiculous sports as they are.

                That or rename them something fun like the tin cans. Or the Lombardie Boys. I don't know.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by neonspectraltoast View Post
                  To me, the real question is: why can't we preserve the NFL as it is as something amusing we can all laugh at ourselves with, and if there's a franchise called the Crackers, well, the more the merrier

                  Why is it so important to have white skin? It won't protect you from Dracula. And we know that Dracula can kill.

                  So yeah, I think we should all come together and enjoy our ridiculous sports as they are.

                  That or rename them something fun like the tin cans. Or the Lombardie Boys. I don't know.
                  Well, the NFL is around 70% black, so I don't know how the black players on the Cleveland Cracker or the Savannah Saltines team will feel about this.

                  Also, remember Blackula?


                  My stepfather took me to see this when I was 13 (dropped me off at a theater playing a triple feature with $$, I didn't complain). And it was a scary flick!

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Yeah, maybe teams should change their names.


                    Comment


                      #12
                      Wouldn't that be so fortunate for the white man, though, if all this bloodshed was simply whitewashed? Pay up. Replace them with the Saltines.

                      Comment


                        #13
                        After pressure from the NHL community, Chicago Blackhawks owner says they aren't changing their name. 😊

                        Comment


                          #14
                          People who actually live in racist regimes, don't have the luxury to bitch about the names of sports teams.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            on the one hand, i think a lot of the pc stuff completely pointless and is being taken way too far, or at least farther than there is any real reason to.

                            but on the other hand, is the name of your sports team really that relevant to anything? there's a mention that the indians might have to change their name, and i just see rant after rant from people saying they'll never watch baseball again. i saw one guy claiming that it's a slippery slope that will lead in a couple years to him being forbidden from attending church. what the hell, people? the only professional sports team that i actually care about is the cleveland browns (i know, fml). but if they changed their name tomorrow to the cleveland turds-that-won't-go-down-the-hole-when-you-flushes, it's not going to change my life in any way and i'll still root for them just the same.

                            also that might be a more accurate name for the team, but that's not the point here.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X