Every Alcoholic is a drug addict!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Alcoholic is a drug addict!

I told the current AA meeting I go to "I don't know if I should be in AA or Na.". Their response was " it doesn't matter".

However, not every AA meeting is like that. I have been told at AA meetings "Addicts should go to NA. AA is for alcoholics."

AA should simply stand for "Addicts Anonymous".

First off, you alcoholics are friggin drug addicts! You are junkies , addicted to possibly the most destructive toxic drug known to mankind, so addictive you can die from not having it, and it's the number one cause of motor vehicle fatalities and countless crimes!

Alcohol is a drug and possibly the worst one to be addicted to. (Don't get me wrong, I'd rather my son was an alcoholic (if I had one) than a heroin addict, but you can't die from heroin withdrawal. You can die from alcohol withdrawal. Also, birth defects from Alcohol are worse than Heroine , and as a general rule, being an alcoholic is more poisoness (toxic) to the whole body than heroin, but thanks to not knowing how pure the H is or what it's cut with, I'd worry more about an H addiction personally).

But even then, Alcohol is the most destructive drug I know of in the history of humanity!

Yeah, but.. Jesus drank wine and Odin drank mead.

That's good enough for me. I don't particularly trust those deities that aren't drinkers.

Comment

Alcohol is ok in moderation, but you definitely should be going to na meetings cause people there will understand your addiction more

Comment

Originally posted by SusieDerkins View Post
        Alcohol is ok in moderation, but you definitely should be going to na meetings cause people there will understand your addiction more
        Crystal Meth is okay in moderation. The pharmacy gives it to people with narcolepsy and obesity. It's a pill called Desoxyn. Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by ill Duce View Post

Crystal Meth is okay in moderation. The pharmacy gives it to people with narcolepsy and obesity. It's a pill called Desoxyn. Google it.
          Just did. Do you believe the pharmaceutical industry cares about safety and addiction? I understand your reasonings for using but what about the consequences? Meth is not good for your brain

Comment

Put it this way.

If you are able to live well and healthy, then the medicine society doesn't make money.

It is not in the medical industries favour for you to live long and healthy and it never has been thus any medicine that you get prescribed has their pitfalls such as addictions and oh if you have this pill you need this one too and then also this one to compensate what the 2nd pill will do for you.

Yet in the hospital we are given top grade drugs of purity with little worry or addiction because it's so pure.

So no, whatever they're selling at the pharmacy isn't going to fix me, I don't think, I take all my anti inflammation and arthritis pills and if I can manage during the day so be it, but I don't believe for one instance that I'm getting the best help I need, but I do believe I help line the pockets of crooked medical companies.

Comment

Just did. Do you believe the pharmaceutical industry cares about safety and addiction? I understand your reasonings for using but what about the consequences? Meth is not good for your brain
              Some stuff the Pharmacy sells can be terrible. Meth however, in it's purity, is not going to harm you if you just do a 40 bag each weekend , or a dime every morning. I'd bet money, 10 dollars worth of pure Crystal Meth each morning will simply improve focus, increase energy, improve concentration, lower appetite to fight obesity, and won't give you cotton mouth so your teeth won't rot.

It's abusing Meth and making a Goddess out of it ( that you become enslaved to and depend on like abuse of alcohol or any addictive drug) that screws up the brain. No , I don't think a little Meth in moderation is gonna hurt a person any more than alcohol in moderation.

Repeatedly Meth gets me off my dead ass , get exercise, do chores, pray , meditate, do Spiritual warfare, go to Churches and Cathedrals, visit cemeteries and war memorials, ride my bike, walk, go to meetings, and it increases my faith in God. So, I know it has benefits in moderation.

Comment

• PacificDude
                PacificDude commented
                Editing a comment
                ill Duce Alcohol is the worst drug. Wiped out everybody I ever loved. But all addictions can be tricky as fuck: Booze, meth, heroin, sex, etc. Moderation gets old after time. Next thing you know you are a full blown addict. I speak from experience ;-)

Still love you, brother :-)

• ill Duce
                ill Duce commented
                Editing a comment
                Unconditional love to you as well bro! :-)

That has to be the worst agony to see your family perish in such a way. :-(

But you can't use it in moderation, is that correct?
              You seem to want to convince yourself that it's fine to keep using it in moderation, and talking about the benefits.. whilst at the same time saying you know it's wrecking your life and you should get off it.

If your life is how you want it to be, and meth isn't a problem, then fine.
              If your life isn't how you want it to be, and you think meth is part of the reason, then drop the preaching about it's positive uses. You have to let yourself accept that it's not got a positive use in your life. If it helps you get on with life, that's probably mostly the addiction, is it not? Have you ever stayed clean long enough to find out if you can gain motivation for life without meth?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
                But you can't use it in moderation, is that correct?
                You seem to want to convince yourself that it's fine to keep using it in moderation, and talking about the benefits.. whilst at the same time saying you know it's wrecking your life and you should get off it.

If your life is how you want it to be, and meth isn't a problem, then fine.
                If your life isn't how you want it to be, and you think meth is part of the reason, then drop the preaching about it's positive uses. You have to let yourself accept that it's not got a positive use in your life. If it helps you get on with life, that's probably mostly the addiction, is it not? Have you ever stayed clean long enough to find out if you can gain motivation for life without meth?
                Actually, most of the time I don't get high off it, just wake up and improve mood from about ten dollars worth (or sometimes less). It's the reason I still have my teeth and didn't have cavities last time I went to the Dentist (last summer). So, I would say most of the time I use it in moderation.

There are days that are exceptions, but they are not the average day of use.

Now, I want to quit meth no doubt, more than I want to change anything about myself. But what I mean by that statement is, I want to learn how to function without the drug.

But I can only partially blame meth for that condition. I was not a functioning person before I ever touched meth. I was in my first mental institution at age 10 and grew up in psyche wards, jails, foster homes, group homes, and correctional facilities.

Meth actually keeps me out of places like that as well.

I'm pretty damn predictable on Meth. I know what I'm gonna do: pray, journal, do chores, write letters to the Kami and place them in the Honden, ride my bike, go to Cathedral or mass somewhere, go to Capitol Hill and offer the treasures of the Holy Eucharist to the "Capitol Hill Queens", take the train to a good panhandling spot and panhandle 10-30 dollars for 1-3 hours, return home, possibly hang out with my neighbor, buy a dime or dub, be nice to all creatures including myself, wake up the next morning and repeat.

When I'm sober there is no predicting what I will do. I might jump off a building again, laying down to be run over by a train again, purchasing a firearm and shooting myself. If I had thought about doing meth the day I jumped off that building, I would not have jumped.

So, all things considered, I should still be doing meth, but not getting high off it, and gradually trying to find stability and sanity without it.

Comment

• the Riddler
                  the Riddler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How can you get a firearm?

• ill Duce
                  ill Duce commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would ask my drug dealer or his Dad how I could purchase one and tell him I need it for self defense, pay the cash for it. Buy some bullets. Possibly play some Russian Roulette.

If I had had a loaded twelve gage the day I jumped off that building, I would not be alive today. Or I would be alive with a big chunk of my head missing.

Originally posted by Irminsul View Post
                Yeah, but.. Jesus drank wine and Odin drank mead.

That's good enough for me. I don't particularly trust those deities that aren't drinkers.
                I don't think they were aloholics though

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

I don't think they were aloholics though
                  Jesus said some pretty out there stuff. I could see there being an alcohol influence to some of his statements.

Comment

Could just as well have been hashish or shrooms.
                    But more importantly; even regular indulgence doesn't necessarily make him an alcoholic.

Comment

Originally posted by ill Duce View Post

When I'm sober there is no predicting what I will do. I might jump off a building again, laying down to be run over by a train again, purchasing a firearm and shooting myself. If I had thought about doing meth the day I jumped off that building, I would not have jumped.
                      It doesn't sound very unpredictable to me. All the things you list basically add up to you're at a suicide risk.
                      Perhaps the way to move forward is seeking treatment for depression. Have you ever done this?

Comment

The best way for any addiction is to wean yourself off of it. Journal it if you have to. But every day just do a little less than the day before till it is zero. It is a different approach than cold turkey. Also, easier said then done

Comment

The best way for any addiction is to wean yourself off of it.
                          Not true though? Because cold-turkey is the best way, for some people, for some addictions.

It was definitely the best way for me to quit nicotine.

Comment

• mallyboppa
                            mallyboppa commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hardest thing I ever did mate ! I often wonder if other things like heroin (which killed my son ) are as hard to give up ?
                        Working...
                        X