Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Name the Chat Thread" Thread

Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
    Anybody come up with something, anything and we'll have a new thread title instead of this fucking unimaginative shit title.
    Ok, here's what I'm proposing. Post your proposed chat thread name here. One chat thread name per post might take up too many posts, maybe we can just work this out one way or another.

You can post anything you want to veto. Likes on the veto deduct from the likes of any post that fits into the veto category.

You can also make a post insisting that it have certain requirements (e.g., name must include the word "chat"). Any title not conforming to the requirement will also have likes deducted.

This thread can also have a life of it's own, so folks can have fun making chat thread titles.

Voting period will end by consensus.
    Last edited by OP1; 03-10-2021, 02:39 AM.
    "I like big butts and I can not lie"
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't like the name of this thread.

Comment

• OP1
      OP1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You could make another thread, soliciting new titles

• tumbling.dice
      tumbling.dice commented
      Editing a comment
      OP1 Nah, I'd rather whine for page after page...but thanks for the idea.

Cameron Smith has retired from the NRL

And I couldn't care less, Rugby (both league and union) are the most boring football codes on earth that is an ordeal to watch.

Comment

does the title change dynamically if competing posts pass each other up for likes? or just most likes as of a certain date?

if the original post here gets the most likes, does that mean that the chat thread will be called
      Ok, here's what I'm proposing. Post your proposed chat thread name here. One chat thread name per post, then whichever gets the most likes, that's the title.

You can post anything you want to veto. Likes on the veto deduct from the likes of any post that fits into the veto category.

You can also make a post insisting that it have certain requirements (e.g., name must include the word "chat"). Any title not conforming to the requirement must have more likes than the requirement post.

This thread can also have a life of it's own, so folks can have fun making chat thread titles
      ?

Comment

• OP1
        OP1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure when it would end. It wouldn't have to end, but maybe at some point a concensus will form.

• tumbling.dice
        tumbling.dice commented
        Editing a comment
        I like it!

Originally posted by Zoolander View Post
      Cameron Smith has retired from the NRL

And I couldn't care less, Rugby (both league and union) are the most boring football codes on earth that is an ordeal to watch.
      Too small to play when you were a kid or your mother didn't want you to get hurt? ?????

Both would most likely be the right answer but feel free just to pick one.

The number one reason boys play soccer in Australia is because their mother was too afraid they'd get hurt playing contact football.

So let's do some math. If the numbers stacked up beside you as an athletic, bigger male there'd be less worry from your mom about you getting hurt.

Conclusion: both answers are the correct answers, and what's left is a bitter person who wasn't able to fit in with the cool kids that played Rugby at school.

I know I'm right, because that's exactly what happened to every. single. Macedonian at highschool, so acknowledging the heritage you like to display... Mamma's boy is definitely the painted picture.
      Last edited by Irminsul; 03-10-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
        if the original post here gets the most likes, does that mean that the chat thread will be called ?
        Well, I think the post would have to actually be intended to be a chat thread title

Comment

Originally posted by Irminsul View Post

Too small to play when you were a kid or your mother didn't want you to get hurt? ?????
          for some reason, i actually think this would be a great title for the chat thread.

i suppose to prevent confusion, it could be "too small to chat when you were a kid or your mother didn't want you to get hurt?"

Comment

Chatsassination Attempts
            Chatarchy in the UK
            Chattlestar Galactica
            Welcome Back Chatter
            Welcome Chat Kotter

Last edited by OP1; 03-10-2021, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Audiogen
              Audiogen commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm feelin Chattlestar Galactica

Chat-Backwards
            Chatastrophy
            Last edited by OP1; 03-10-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Dixie Wrecked thread

Comment

• neonspectraltoast
                neonspectraltoast commented
                Editing a comment
                This is my favorite one...though I'd really have to bring on the melodrama.

Jessica, Meliai Vanilla Gorilla mallyboppa
              @anyone else who doesn't know about this thread already

I'm hoping some kind of consensus will be formed soon, maybe even before I visit TF again.

Comment

Originally posted by Irminsul View Post

Both would most likely be the right answer but feel free just to pick one.

The number one reason boys play soccer in Australia is because their mother was too afraid they'd get hurt playing contact football.

So let's do some math. If the numbers stacked up beside you as an athletic, bigger male there'd be less worry from your mom about you getting hurt.

Conclusion: both answers are the correct answers, and what's left is a bitter person who wasn't able to fit in with the cool kids that played Rugby at school.

I know I'm right, because that's exactly what happened to every. single. Macedonian at highschool, so acknowledging the heritage you like to display... Mamma's boy is definitely the painted picture.

I swear you were a bloke going by that rant. Maybe Sooz's shemale comment was not so off the Mark after all.

Seriously I was born and bred in Aussie Rules Town (Melbourne) and I have never taken to Rugby League or Union, despite all the success of the Melbourne Storm. Day say that goes for most folks in Sydney with regards to The Swans and Giants and AFL.

And soccer aka Futbool/Football is far and away the most popular sport on Earth.

Finally, back in my day, when I went to school, we didn't play Rugby there. I most played Aussie Rules Footy and Basketball when I was a teenager btw.

Rugby was only played at the elitist rich cuntshit schools back in the day, which is why I especially hate Union, and the Wallabies (although I do admire The All Blacks and their culture a lot, and was deeply saddened by Jonah Lomu's passing.

Dare say if I was born in NSW (thank fuck I wasn't) i would have the same feelings towards the AFL as I do towards Rugby.

You do not understand as well that Melbourne and Sydney have had a massive shit fight rivalry for years (they mock us for our weather, we mock them for The Mardi Gras etc)

And the footy code rivalry has been a big part of it.

Its my hatred of all things Sydney that's put me off enjoying both codes of Rugby really.

And it's juvenile and pathetic I know, but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by OP1 View Post
                  Chatsassination Attempts
                  Chatarchy in the UK
                  Chattlestar Galactica
                  Welcome Back Chatter
                  Welcome Chat Kotter
                  Breaking Chat works for me

Comment

We can call it chatarchy, and the mods randomly rename it without any rationale, logic or explanation.

Comment

Chats The Word......Or

Chats The Way Forward....Or

Chats The Way To Go....Or

Chats Are Us.....

Cheers Glen.

Comment

Working...
                      X