Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you remember the commodore 64 then you are old.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    If you remember the commodore 64 then you are old.

    The first successful home pc unit that sold in the millions world wide.


    Commodore Business Machines (CBM)
    Home computer
    August 1982; 38 years ago[1]
    US$595 (equivalent to $1,576 in 2019)
    April 1994; 26 years ago
    12.5[2] – 17[3] million

    #2
    I remember the C-64 with tape deck that took hours to load a game

    Comment


      #3
      First video game system I ever had. My mom found one at a rummage sale in 88 or 89, something like that. Gorf was my favorite game.

      Comment


        #4
        What if you don't remember? Could actually indicate two very different things age wise :-D

        Comment


          #5
          I had a commodore 64 when I was growing up. Was on BBS at 6 or so before there was a world wide web.

          Any of you guys play Archon? It was like battle chess where you used mythical creatures. Fav commodore game.


          ​​​​​
          Last edited by lode; 03-13-2021, 05:19 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Aztec tomb I think it was, one of the tomb ones that took like months to finish

            Comment


              #7
              I guess I'm old.

              Comment


                #8
                As a kid my neighbors a few houses up had one. They were older kids than me and my siblings. I got to play Frogger on it when I came over.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Pitfall! on the Atari 2600, my first gaming system.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pitfall.gif
Views:	60
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	110314

                  Comment


                  • Pete's Draggun
                    Pete's Draggun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Perfect "back being a kid" flashback D!

                  #10
                  Le Mans was a good game, too.

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
                    Pitfall! on the Atari 2600, my first gaming system.

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Pitfall.gif Views:	0 Size:	304.6 KB ID:	110314
                    Cannot tell if that's supposed to a scorpion or a squirrel but is that sprite walking underneath the ground something you get to later or you fall into there?

                    Comment


                      #12
                      i remember using commodore 64 at my cousins house

                      i remember commodore pets from highschool...the first normal looking computers i remember from highschool used windows 3.1 and i only used them for solitaire and minesweeper

                      there was some other ones we called icons

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
                        As a kid my neighbors a few houses up had one. They were older kids than me and my siblings. I got to play Frogger on it when I came over.
                        I think Frogger was one of my first console game experiences too, but on the Atari

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by SpaceMan View Post
                          i remember using commodore 64 at my cousins house

                          i remember commodore pets from highschool...the first normal looking computers i remember from highschool used windows 3.1 and i only used them for solitaire and minesweeper

                          there was some other ones we called icons
                          Was Prince of Persia on Windows 3.1? Definitely one of my first games on the Windows computer!

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Audiogen View Post

                            Cannot tell if that's supposed to a scorpion or a squirrel but is that sprite walking underneath the ground something you get to later or you fall into there?
                            It's a scorpion. There are places where you can descend ladders to the bottom of the screen.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X