Catio life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catio life!

To start with, I'll just be posting pictures. I'm so proud of this outside enclosure that this talented man took FOREVER to complete. I told him where I wanted it and some basic things I wanted. I advised him to google it...and I told him to just go with his creative juices.

I'll probably start with how it looks from outside....

Oh man! You've got some lucky cats! Kings of the jungle!

Comment

• neonspectraltoast
      neonspectraltoast commented
      Editing a comment
      They will...I hope you didn't give the game away too much. Cats like their own secrets. You could even camo it a bit so they feel like hunters. Once they claim it, though...shhh...they might be listening!

• Amerijuanican
      Amerijuanican commented
      Editing a comment
      Act like you don't want them to go out there, and they will break their necks to go out there. Lol

• Lynnbrown
      Lynnbrown commented
      Editing a comment
      oh man, you are SO right, Amerijuanican lol

A look at the inside...

Comment

the right side...

Comment

Not bad..
        I would fill that area with as much diatomaceous clay you can..

And then work on spaying neutering processes..

Comment

• Lynnbrown
          Lynnbrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Right now I've sprinkled Sevin dust all over it....but I agree with the DE. I'm sure I have a bag of it around here somewhere. The mama cat, Kitty Kelly, was spayed almost 3 weeks ago. The babies will all need to weigh 2 or 3 pounds for my vet to fix them. I estimate that to be around Thanksgiving/Christmas - so lots and lots of money can be spent at that time of year. ?

i dont like the wood on the dirt but im well aware that some things that dont work here are perfectly fine in other climates

like the slope of the roof panels work fine there but first snowfall here it would all collapse

??

maybe put their food in there and not inside....i bet that would get them thru the door

Comment

• Lynnbrown
          Lynnbrown commented
          Editing a comment
          ah hell! I hadn't even thought about that. That roofing material is really good - it feels like a composite shingle, but larger and stiffer. The guy said that's what it's marketed for.

• Lynnbrown
          Lynnbrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah - with the climate here, we would never need to be concerned about a roof handling a pile of snow on it.

It's awesome Lynn. Wish I was your kitty...

Comment

Make some bigger

Comment

Comment

• SpaceMan
              SpaceMan commented
              Editing a comment
              wow...yours looks exactly the same lmao

Hehe...

Comment

So...since your catio is the same as mine Vanilla Gorilla , can I assume (which is dangerous, I realize) that you like it?

Comment

This is awesome! I've been planning on doing the same thing Lynn, hopefully next year.

Comment

• Lynnbrown
                Lynnbrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Your 2 boys would LOVE it! You would be able to do it yourself, I feel sure. I don't have the know how, but I'd bet you're one of those guys that can do anything in the house, and then on the car, too if need be.

That's really cool, Lynn

Comment

• Lynnbrown
                Lynnbrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Jessica. Now...if I can just convince the felines this was built for of this. I continue to smh at those critters. The outside cats are most interested in it, but Fred - my precious ginger is allowed inside so at least A CAT can enjoy this. lol I just have to keep an eye on Fred or he will be through that cat door and into that room in a second.

Lock em up, lock em up!

Comment

• Lynnbrown
                Lynnbrown commented
                Editing a comment
                lol you so silly. They LIKE being locked up apparently. :-/

I've been wanting to find a cat playcenter for mine, looking for stuff I think she'd like most.

But us cat owners know that what we pick will be ignored. Lol

to say cats have a mind of their own is no overstatement.

Comment

Working...
              X