Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your cure for hiccups?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Your cure for hiccups?

    mine is a spoonful of vinegar. adults always go "yuck!" and kids try it and then go "oh it works!"
    but good balsamic vinegar tastes nice anyway and it always gets rid of hiccups for me.

    #2
    I Just Hold My Breath For As Long As I Can.......Been Declared "Clinically Dead" A Few Times....... But The

    Hiccups Were Well And Truly Cured.....



    Cheers Glen.
    Last edited by GLEN......; 06-16-2020, 08:47 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      Rub both your ear lobes

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Rub both your ear lobes
        seriously! will try this one next time

        Comment


          #5
          Drinking water and try to get myself to burp. When i start burping especially big burps, thats when it starts going away. Probably because i don't get it that bad.

          Comment


            #6
            Patience. I havent found anything else that works

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Rub both your ear lobes
              Reminds me of when I had to get my shots for China ! I said to the nurse "I hate injections " so she just said " keep licking your lips" which is fucking hard to do when your shitting yourself , Nurse goes "OK all done " so I said "wow how does that work?"
              She said "keeps your mind off it "

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Meliai View Post
                Patience. I havent found anything else that works
                I find this statement is true in many circumstances.

                Comment


                • Meliai
                  Meliai commented
                  Editing a comment
                  indeed, Batman

                • Undies
                  Undies commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it's the cure we deserve, not the cure we need.

                #9
                Originally posted by J Ruth View Post
                mine is a spoonful of vinegar. adults always go "yuck!" and kids try it and then go "oh it works!"
                but good balsamic vinegar tastes nice anyway and it always gets rid of hiccups for me.
                There is potential scientific evidence to explain why vinegar works.
                As y'all good people know, vinegar is acidic (with a pH averaging 2.5).
                When strong acid goes down your esophagus, it tricks the response mechanism that makes your brain think that you are vomiting. (Usually the acid goes up your esophagus from your stomach when you puke but I don't think that it matters what direction is going.)
                Hiccups then stop as the body's mechanism to avoid chocking.

                That is my theory anyway.
                Plus I have seen it work 100 times with no failure.

                Personally I do nothing about hick-up as I enjoy them and find them fun!
                Last edited by Rebeltramp; 06-16-2020, 10:56 AM.

                Comment


                  #10
                  you find hiccups fun.
                  i did not know that about you

                  Comment


                  • Rebeltramp
                    Rebeltramp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do.
                    Maybe because I don't get them very often and they are usually mild.
                    They do something to me that tickles me and I chuckle.. :-)

                  #11
                  Originally posted by mallyboppa View Post

                  Reminds me of when I had to get my shots for China ! I said to the nurse "I hate injections " so she just said " keep licking your lips" which is fucking hard to do when your shitting yourself , Nurse goes "OK all done " so I said "wow how does that work?"
                  She said "keeps your mind off it "
                  I have to have a weekly injection in my arm, which my wife does for me, and I've found that if I take a deep breath in as she's about to stick the needle in, it doesn't make me jump in the same way. Same idea I guess.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    A sudden burst of adrenaline shuts them off like a switch. Next time someone had bad, endless hiccoughs that go on for a half hour, slap them. Across the face. It will piss them off to the core instantly. But the other problem will be gone.

                    I suggest wearing the right shoes first.

                    Comment


                      #13
                      i don't really know, i don't seem to get them that often and when they do they usually go away on their own pretty quickly. so i guess my cure is just being me.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by GLEN...... View Post
                        I Just Hold My Breath For As Long As I Can.......Been Declared "Clinically Dead" A Few Times....... But The

                        Hiccups Were Well And Truly Cured.....



                        Cheers Glen.
                        That works for me sometime. I take the deepest breath I can, hold it for as long as I can, then slowly exhale. It helps if I'm laying down.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          1 litre of horse urine.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X