Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddles and Lateral Thinking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Riddles and Lateral Thinking

    Two fathers and two sons enter a shop and spend 1.50 each.
    The shopkeeper takes 4.50
    What happened to the rest?

    #2
    The dirty ol gubbament took it for taxes
    :shakes cane at government:

    Comment


      #3
      One of the sons must be one of the fathers? So it sounds like there are 4 people but in reality there are 3. My guess for the moment!

      Comment


        #4
        The kid working the store pocketed it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post
          One of the sons must be one of the fathers? So it sounds like there are 4 people but in reality there are 3. My guess for the moment!
          yup! a grandfather, father, and son
          i'm not sure i would have got that if i didn't read it off a card that had the answer on the back : D
          i suck at these kind of things. i'd like to practise.

          Comment


          • Din Djarin
            Din Djarin commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't know this exact one, but I think I only came up with the solution because I was confronted with similar riddles :-D

          #6
          Originally posted by Jessica View Post
          Two fathers and two sons enter a shop and spend 1.50 each.
          The shopkeeper takes 4.50
          What happened to the rest?
          Very good jessica ! I worked it out, do you want to let it lie for a bit ?

          Comment


          • Jessica
            Jessica commented
            Editing a comment
            oh damn, i didn't. that's good of you mally. yeah we should leave a while before putting the answer.

          #7
          "Riddles" implies more than one riddle.

          I wish spoiler tags worked here, they would be good for posting guesses. I don't think they worked, I'm pretty sure I tried once.

          Spoiler test

          Comment


          • Undies
            Undies commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, thought so.

          • Jessica
            Jessica commented
            Editing a comment
            well i presumed others might add more! but i have a whole tin of cards here..

          #8
          Originally posted by Undies View Post

          I wish spoiler tags worked here, they would be good for posting guesses. I don't think they worked, I'm pretty sure I tried once.

          Spoiler test
          Try it now

          Comment


            #9
            Nice, it's already working retroactively. Did you just have to go into the cp and turn something on?

            Comment


            • Audiogen
              Audiogen commented
              Editing a comment
              There's an Add New BB Code page under the Custom BB Code on the CP menu. On that page, I specified the Spoiler title and Tag Name for the BB Code and added corresponding HTML to represent the Code with one interpolated variable where the post text goes {param}.

              If that's confusing, there are instructions on that page which kind of gives a template that might make it a bit easier to understand.

            #10
            What do you get if you mix human DNA with Dolphin DNA?


            A: Banned from SeaWorld



            This thread reminded me of that joke for some reason

            Comment


              #11
              Five men were travelling along a lane. It began to rain. Four of the men quickened their step and got wet. The fifth man did not quicken his step but remained quite dry. He did not have an umbrella. How can this be?

              Comment


                #12
                Originally posted by Jessica View Post
                Five men were travelling along a lane. It began to rain. Four of the men quickened their step and got wet. The fifth man did not quicken his step but remained quite dry. He did not have an umbrella. How can this be?
                I feel like this one could have a few answers.

                Spoiler Knowing this sort of riddle, I'm guessing what they're looking for is that the first four are carrying the fifth in a coffin. But he could also be in a car. Or wearing a raincoat. Or the only one smart enough to stay on the edge of the lane under tree cover.

                Comment


                • Jessica
                  Jessica commented
                  Editing a comment
                  your first answer is correct

                • 6-eyed
                  6-eyed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How the heck did you make that hidden spoiler function?

                #13
                Originally posted by Undies View Post

                I feel like this one could have a few answers.

                Spoiler Knowing this sort of riddle, I'm guessing what they're looking for is that the first four are carrying the fifth in a coffin. But he could also be in a car. Or wearing a raincoat. Or the only one smart enough to stay on the edge of the lane under tree cover.
                Depends how big of a girl Elaine is

                Comment


                  #14
                  some of these i have here are so bizarre and specific that i can't believe anyone would get them correctly. i won't post those.

                  If a man's mother-in-law can marry his son, and a woman's father can marry her sister-in-law, can a man marry his widow's sister?

                  Comment


                    #15
                    oh yeeeah i got one right! that must mean it's way too easy. i won't post that one either.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X