Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astrology

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Astrology

    There seems to be some interest in Astrology on the site.
    A good place to talk about any ideas, experiences, knowledge or your own personal twist on the subject.

    Also a good place to discuss other occult subjects, such as Tarot, Astral Projection, Divination, Wicca, etc.
    Last edited by Dr. Doom; 01-02-2021, 05:32 AM.

    #2
    astral projection interests me in the same way lucid dreaming does. travel within the mind is fascinating.

    Comment


      #3
      I smudged my house last night. I guess it's fitting to talk about that here. I wasn't really sure what to expect but it did feel different afterwards. My space seemed larger in some way. It was a pretty meditative experience, slowly walking around the house and fanning smoke in every corner.

      I think the experience created is largely psychological because of how it draws you into the present and draws your eye and your attention to what is directly in front of you. I'm not sure if burning sage really "clears out energy", its more your mind doing it.

      Comment


        #4
        i'm starting to think that "oh it's just the mind doing that" is synonymous with whatever it was meant to be before. like, the mind IS this tool of magickal creative power. the mind doing it, rather than some exterior "force" doesn't really make it any less real. it's just that we ARE that force.

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, I find it interesting that in spiritual teachings, one of the first things one learn is that our thoughts are not our own.
          And was reminded recently by my daughter and my mom in separate instances, that having the same basic thought about a certain thing that seems coincidence ...well, maybe it isn't. Much like the occurrence of Deja Vu.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
            Yes, I find it interesting that in spiritual teachings, one of the first things one learn is that our thoughts are not our own.
            And was reminded recently by my daughter and my mom in separate instances, that having the same basic thought about a certain thing that seems coincidence ...well, maybe it isn't. Much like the occurrence of Deja Vu.
            Is that taught as a possibility or way to look at it or as an actual truth? And from what or of who are those thoughts coming then? I wonder if such teachers/philosophies make a distinction between subconscious thoughts and conscious.
            The subconscious is of course easy to connect all kinds of spiritual and maybe even occult things to. And its a lot easier to conclude those are coming from elsewhere. But processed convictions (albeit stemming from subconscious thoughts) are our own.... right? Just because other people reach the same conclusions doesn't mean they're not our own.
            And even if all the spiritual and even occult stuff would have merit, that doesn't render the concept of coincidence bogus. Well, and not only as a concept :P Not saying you render coincidence as bogus btw Just wondering if you do based on how you put it in this post.

            Comment


              #7
              As someone who is conscious of things which lie in others' subconscious, I'm as expert as can be. Your soul (your body) is pinged constantly, and does respond verbally in a frequency that is too low to be normally perceived. Don't ask me to explain it; I just hear it.

              And while there are coincidences (in fact the entirety of one's existence coincides with reality) there are meaningful synchronicities, which are proof of a higher order to mind/the cosmos than we are aware of. Just throw something "random" into the mix. There is a higher order.

              Comment


                #8
                Asmo- The book "Ki in daily life" explains this well. I learned of this book while studying the mental/spiritual philosophy in martial arts. This is something many modern teachers leave out. Likely because our modern society does its best to leave these beliefs out.

                It refers to what people refer to God (often thought of as an omnipresent force) as the Universal. Other esoteric studies have different names (Ether, for instance. Not the kind you start cars with lol). Possibly attributed to where the mind rests during meditation.

                I don't believe in coincidence. Everything has a reason. As for thoughts not being our own, this is what makes us all connected in spirit. Picture it as one big fish bowl we all are a part of, we all share the inner self connection with the universal but most are unaware of it because of our ego. Our egos hold us back from realization of spirit and keep us disconnected.

                Our convictions, as you say, are something we have choice to change or follow. Its wise to meditate on our convictions if not in the moment, and follow our inner spirit (self) if we are being mentally presented with a challenge in the moment. We can own our convictions, or explore alternatives. This is what binds us to our decisions/results (or karma).
                Last edited by Dr. Doom; 01-02-2021, 02:31 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Only on drugs have I experienced thoughts seemingly not my own and astral projection.


                  I think thoughts might be essentially a deterministic process in which you don't really author your thoughts, Kind of negates free will but alas.

                  What I experienced on drugs was more like the perception of remote mind control. As if the drugs were cut with nanotechnology that allowed some remote agents to tap into my mind and either read or plant thoughts in my head. Really bizarre.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
                    Asmo- The book "Ki in daily life" explains this well. I learned of this book while studying the mental/spiritual philosophy in martial arts. This is something many modern teachers leave out. Likely because our modern society does its best to leave these beliefs out.

                    It refers to what people refer to God (often thought of as an omnipresent force) as the Universal. Other esoteric studies have different names (Ether, for instance. Not the kind you start cars with lol). Possibly attributed to where the mind rests during meditation.

                    I don't believe in coincidence. Everything has a reason. As for thoughts not being our own, this is what makes us all connected in spirit. Picture it as one big fish bowl we all are a part of, we all share the inner self connection with the universal but most are unaware of it because of our ego. Our egos hold us back from realization of spirit and keep us disconnected.

                    Our convictions, as you say, are something we have choice to change or follow. Its wise to meditate on our convictions if not in the moment, and follow our inner spirit (self) if we are being mentally presented with a challenge in the moment. We can own our convictions, or explore alternatives. This is what binds us to our decisions/results (or karma).
                    Thanks for expanding!

                    I don''t see enough signs or indications of us all being connected in spirit. Or that the concept of coincidence not having merit in our reality. I find the ideas intriguing, but they seem literally unreal to me.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      How many here read their astrology in the newspaper, online or wherever?
                      Does it seem to be somewhat true to your day or week?

                      Our "sign" in Astrology is known as our Sun sign. This relates to the position of the Sun among the constellations (group of stars). This shows our dominant personality.

                      To make a more adequate reading, one needs the time of day they were born as well.
                      For example, each hourly interval, say from 6am to 7am birth would have the Moon in one sign, then 7am to 8pm the Moon would be in the next sign on the chart. The sign that the Moon was in during the hour of your birth tells the sign that sets your personality and life outlook, among other things.

                      This is why two people with the same Sun sign, for example Sagittarius will have the same basic personality, but have differences in more personal ways.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm a scorpio sun and cancer moon so I'm super emotional and sensitive but hide it well. Which is 100% accurate lol

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Audiogen View Post
                          Only on drugs have I experienced thoughts seemingly not my own and astral projection.


                          I think thoughts might be essentially a deterministic process in which you don't really author your thoughts, Kind of negates free will but alas.

                          What I experienced on drugs was more like the perception of remote mind control. As if the drugs were cut with nanotechnology that allowed some remote agents to tap into my mind and either read or plant thoughts in my head. Really bizarre.
                          This is close to what I experienced with salvia. I was in the Hoof Feeders chat room with a bunch of regs and I was complaining that the salvia was doing nothing. They told me I was doing it wrong, something I hadn't heard since the first time I got laid. So I followed their instructions and it worked.

                          But the experience was SO weird. The monitors suddenly looked like they were thin as paper and the whole office looked like everything was an array of 2D pieces in a 3D room. That was weird enough, but I was also hearing a voices in the room saying "see, we told you it works".

                          And that was the last time I used salvia. I mean, a drug that can convert chat room text into voices? Fuck that.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Amerijuanican
                            I hope to try the salvia experience @ some point. Nobody I hang with presently is into it, but someday...
                            I've read of the same experiences that Audio and WP mention, can happen on K or DMT, or DXM in large doses. I only do lesser doses of DXM since it interferes with my other daily meds I take after the stroke, along with my daily anxiety "placebo" lol..
                            K and one of it's newfangled analogues are the two drugs that produced the experiences I described earlier.

                            My experiences with DMT have been a bit different. There is a sense of communication that's not my own but it feels alien, like it doesn't manifest as thoughts in any traditional sense, this realm of hyperspace if you will, has thoroughly replaced any landmarks of reality and all associations to reality have fallen by the wayside, so it's more like 'I' am communicating with a type of ineffable intelligence. I would say it's more along the lines of the Astral Projection thing.

                            Comment


                            • WritersPanic
                              WritersPanic commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bingo! Several of my 89 lifetime trips have felt very alien. It's like when I was peaking, the meaning of life became crystal clear. But when I came out of it, I forgot the meaning of life entirely. Only that I knew it for a moment.

                            #15
                            Those experiences on mind altering drugs seem to distort perceptions more so than that they bring us in touch with some bigger truth. It's all how we process such trips if we get something constructive out of it.
                            I figured out the whole world on a mushroom trip as well (as many :P). With hindsight I have to conclude I didn't forget how the world works, it was just how it seemed to me on that psychedelic trip.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X