Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munchies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Munchies

    People talk about getting flashback from LSD. I've never had one, after 89 trips, not a single flashback.

    However, I do get flashbacks from pot. Crazy you say? Fine. Then how come, out of nowhere, I suddenly crave chocolate, leftover fried squash and pizza with mustard on top?

    Tell me that!

    #2
    HPPD - Hunger Persisting Perception Disorder

    Comment


      #3
      I love the hell outta dill pickles. My mom used to make them from cucumbers, garlic and dill we grew in the garden. I could eat a whole jar at one sitting...I'm not kidding.

      Comment


        #4
        Then there's the dreaded salt/sweet balancing act.

        Like the other night, I was having crackers with swiss cheese and afterward I just HAD to have some Cap'n Crunch peanut butter cereal, from the box of course. But then that became too much and I switched to sour cream and onion potato chips, then butter pecan ice cream, then a fried egg on rye sandwich......................

        Comment


        • Kick Frenzy
          Kick Frenzy commented
          Editing a comment
          I felt this.

        #5
        Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
        People talk about getting flashback from LSD. I've never had one, after 89 trips, not a single flashback.

        However, I do get flashbacks from pot. Crazy you say? Fine. Then how come, out of nowhere, I suddenly crave chocolate, leftover fried squash and pizza with mustard on top?

        Tell me that!
        sounds to me like you're expecting a little wp in about 9 months.

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by Undies View Post

          sounds to me like you're expecting a little wp in about 9 months.
          Naaaa, I'm straight.

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
            I love the hell outta dill pickles. My mom used to make them from cucumbers, garlic and dill we grew in the garden. I could eat a whole jar at one sitting...I'm not kidding.
            Saaame, I looove pickles. A couple of years ago I grew cucumbers and made several jars of pickles a week, intending to give some away to friends and also store a few jars. But instead I ate them pretty much as fast as I could make them

            Comment


              #8
              You've heard of muscle memory? Well you have munchie memory.

              Comment


              • WritersPanic
                WritersPanic commented
                Editing a comment
                I had it bad today. I try to feed our dogs real meat once a week. Just in case there are holes in the nutritional profile of the dog food we use (never Purina). So I usually get cuts I know to be tough, so the dogs don't just inhale it and beg for more.

                So I cooked it this morning for them with a bit of pumpkin pie spice and a shake of Montreal steak rub and cooked them at 400F in the convector for 30 minutes from a cold oven. As I'm cutting into them after the cooled down enough for the dogs, I became aware that it was cutting very easily.

                I tried a bit and was astonished. It was as tender and tasty as a filet mignon. Without the bacon. So I tried another, and another, unable to counter the guilt of eating the food I made for the dogs. It was just SO fucking GOOD!

                But I finally stopped on the 3rd bite and sliced it into doggie portions and hand fed them as I usually do to keep it off the floor.

                I blame the pot!

              #9
              Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
              People talk about getting flashback from LSD. I've never had one, after 89 trips, not a single flashback.

              However, I do get flashbacks from pot. Crazy you say? Fine. Then how come, out of nowhere, I suddenly crave chocolate, leftover fried squash and pizza with mustard on top?

              Tell me that!
              When I was a teen I got flashbacks from pot a few times, but not since.
              I've used mustard powder on homemade pizza, it goes really well with the parmesan cheese and Italian sausage. Now I'm getting hungry.

              Comment


                #10
                I put pink Himalayan salt on pizza today, before reheating it.
                It was yummy.

                So is white vinegar sprinkled on pizza.

                Of course, I'd probably like strawberries and jalapenos on pi... damn it.
                Now I really want that.

                Comment


                  #11
                  Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post
                  after 89 trips
                  is this the actual number? if so, how did you keep track? i lost count somewhere around 3.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by Undies View Post

                    is this the actual number? if so, how did you keep track? i lost count somewhere around 3.
                    They used to call my personality "Anal Retentive" which was kind of a stupid category. There are just some things I handle like a science project. Tripping was one of them as I feared (though mildly) that someday I could get "the brown acid" and doctors would need to know my trip history. I also figured I could lose my mind someday and keeping track of trips seemed prudent.

                    It started under a bridge in California near Napa in 1980. I was a sailor and my girlfriend was a typical blonde California slut with large breasts and connections for everything under the sun. The last trip was in 1995 when I decided I'd quit being strung out on crack since we had a baby on the way. I was never a strung out Dad.

                    But I also figured that many trips might qualify me for an insanity plea if I ever managed to off someone for whatever reason. But I've never had a "flashback" so I don't know if that would work or not. I also included everything that caused my universe to invert like mushrooms, mescaline, DMT, blotter, microdots and a particular batch of homemade Absinthe!

                    I actually left the count at 88, in 1989 but fell into the hard stuff for the last time in the early 90s and had 1 more trip to get past the cravings. So it's 89 instead of looking like a white supremacist landmark!

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	MarsBar.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4446

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Once I ate an entire celery thing (head? bunch?) while stoned. I was at a buddies house and that was the only edible thing in his fridge.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

                          They used to call my personality "Anal Retentive" which was kind of a stupid category. There are just some things I handle like a science project. Tripping was one of them as I feared (though mildly) that someday I could get "the brown acid" and doctors would need to know my trip history. I also figured I could lose my mind someday and keeping track of trips seemed prudent.

                          It started under a bridge in California near Napa in 1980. I was a sailor and my girlfriend was a typical blonde California slut with large breasts and connections for everything under the sun. The last trip was in 1995 when I decided I'd quit being strung out on crack since we had a baby on the way. I was never a strung out Dad.

                          But I also figured that many trips might qualify me for an insanity plea if I ever managed to off someone for whatever reason. But I've never had a "flashback" so I don't know if that would work or not. I also included everything that caused my universe to invert like mushrooms, mescaline, DMT, blotter, microdots and a particular batch of homemade Absinthe!

                          I actually left the count at 88, in 1989 but fell into the hard stuff for the last time in the early 90s and had 1 more trip to get past the cravings. So it's 89 instead of looking like a white supremacist landmark!
                          I hope to try head candy one day (acid)...
                          Close friend I used to hang out with used to have bad trips, so I was scared to try it. His cuz told me I'd have good trips, I had fun w/ketamine once and I'd do it again. The one who had bad trips had heard that people who tripped seven times could be declared legally insane.
                          More old school stories, me thinks.

                          I wanna make sure its good stuff instead of those letter/number-named substances listed on Erowid that get passed off as acid. Some of that stuff isn't healthy @ all.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X