I wash my laundry in the shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wash my laundry in the shower

If being a Fascist Apologist (contemplative politicians) paid as much as being a Doctor I'd have a mansion, sports car, and a yacht. (Though at the Capitol building I received unsolicited donations on occasion).

I live in the ghetto in total poverty.

I wash my laundry when I shower. It saves me ten dollars a month at the laundry mat. The clothes dry above the laundry curtain over night. I'm not asking for your sympathy. I'm asking you for a roll of quarters. NOW!!!

Hehehe!

I'm not serious about asking you for money, but you should consider doing your laundry some place other than a washing machine.

When you shower you can kill two birds with one stone. I also mop my floor with dish soap. It seems to do the same trick. And I brush my teeth with....free Roman Catholic toothpaste. Ill switch to baking soda when I'm feeling more masculine. :hobbyhorse:

How do you do your laundry , how often, and where?. Trust me, the shower will suffice for removing odors and a dryer shrinks clothes and burns up energy.

Lazy.
    Buy a washing machine

Comment

Originally posted by Loverofcatsandfooty View Post
      Lazy.
      Buy a washing machine
      Fuck off!

Comment

Lazy.
        Buy a washing machine
        Doing clothes by hand is not lazy really. It's wildly more work.

Comment

Originally posted by lode View Post

It really is though...it requires more than running water through them, you have to repeatedly squeeze, ring, rinse, and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by ill Duce View Post
            If being a Fascist Apologist (contemplative politicians) paid as much as being a Doctor I'd have a mansion, sports car, and a yacht. (Though at the Capitol building I received unsolicited donations on occasion).

I live in the ghetto in total poverty.

I wash my laundry when I shower. It saves me ten dollars a month at the laundry mat. The clothes dry above the laundry curtain over night. I'm not asking for your sympathy. I'm asking you for a roll of quarters. NOW!!!

Hehehe!

I'm not serious about asking you for money, but you should consider doing your laundry some place other than a washing machine.

When you shower you can kill two birds with one stone. I also mop my floor with dish soap. It seems to do the same trick. And I brush my teeth with....free Roman Catholic toothpaste. Ill switch to baking soda when I'm feeling more masculine. :hobbyhorse:

How do you do your laundry , how often, and where?. Trust me, the shower will suffice for removing odors and a dryer shrinks clothes and burns up energy.
            Well, I'm a little better off financially now than I was as a poverty stricken youth - so I am guilty of using a washer and dryer big time to wash my clothes. But I'm curious about this shower thing you mentioned? Do you mean to tell me you hop in the shower and scrub yourself and your clothes at the same time? That's actually something I never thought about before.

See, we didn't even have a shower when I was growing up (just a bath tub). So I would spend an hour each week scrubbing and rinsing my clothes in the tub. The hardest part was trying to figure out places to hang my clothes to dry. Windows were the best place during the summer, but it was a nightmare during the winter: I had to constantly mop up the water dripping from the wet clothes onto the floor, so it was two chores at once. Sunday was laundry day for me, so I was totally wiped out by the time I had to go to school the next day. This is why I am so curious about your laundry/shower method. I bet you can get everything done in half an hour tops? Do tell... haha.

Comment

Originally posted by lode View Post

Yes it is lazy.

you need the right type of washing machine detergent to use on the clothes.

do not do it in the shower or bath

Comment

Originally posted by PacificDude View Post

Well, I'm a little better off financially now than I was as a poverty stricken youth - so I am guilty of using a washer and dryer big time to wash my clothes. But I'm curious about this shower thing you mentioned? Do you mean to tell me you hop in the shower and scrub yourself and your clothes at the same time? That's actually something I never thought about before.

See, we didn't even have a shower when I was growing up (just a bath tub). So I would spend an hour each week scrubbing and rinsing my clothes in the tub. The hardest part was trying to figure out places to hang my clothes to dry. Windows were the best place during the summer, but it was a nightmare during the winter: I had to constantly mop up the water dripping from the wet clothes onto the floor, so it was two chores at once. Sunday was laundry day for me, so I was totally wiped out by the time I had to go to school the next day. This is why I am so curious about your laundry/shower method. I bet you can get everything done in half an hour tops? Do tell... haha.
                I don't do a load at once. I do what I want to wear in 24 hours as I shower, I let soap and water drench the clothing, ring it, squeeze, rinse, repeat, and the clothes soaks as I clean myself, but I always make sure I end the shower with cleaning the clothes of anything that may have fallen on them as I was showering, but I shower with the clothes near my feet, yes, and it's done in less than half an hour , dry in less than a day, and doesn't smell like body odor or mold when I need to wear them.

With that in mind, I just wouldn't need a washing machine or detergent even if I was bill gates. I haven't figured out how to wash my blankets I guess but ill cross that bridge when it comes time.

A washing machine just strikes me as something big and cumbersome that is hard to move around, could break down, burns up energy, and I question how good it actually cleans clothes when the load is in there as opposed to using your hands to squeeze and shower to rinse. But to each their own.

Comment

It’d be a lot of work to get by without a washing machine. But I have gotten by just fine without a dryer. Hang your clothes on a rack and save electricity.

Comment

When you live on an apartment you can't just buy a washing machine. When you live in a ghetto apartment you probably can't buy much of anything, or else you wouldn't live in the ghetto.

I am skeptical about the effectiveness of washing your clothes while you shower though. Do you wear them during the shower, or just shower off with a pile of clothes at your feet? Either way seems like it would be less than ideal cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Undies View Post
                      When you live on an apartment you can't just buy a washing machine. When you live in a ghetto apartment you probably can't buy much of anything, or else you wouldn't live in the ghetto.

I am skeptical about the effectiveness of washing your clothes while you shower though. Do you wear them during the shower, or just shower off with a pile of clothes at your feet? Either way seems like it would be less than ideal cleaning.
                      I use to have a place in the city that was in the ghetto, I got it knowing it was going to be an up and coming part of town. I hooked up a washer and drier on the back deck tell I could rebuild that part of the house. I caught some crackheads trying to steal them. I finally let a friend move in for free, all he had to do was beat anyone that came close to the property.

Comment

No I don't wear them while showering lol.

Comment

I have my own washing machine. I live in a one bedroom unit.

The thing is i think Matt is actually too lazy to go to a laundromat or even use a washing machine.

Comment

The thing is i think Matt is actually too lazy to go to a laundromat or even use a washing machine.
                            How often do you wash your clothes mate or do you just whack it on the cleaners task list?

Comment

I've been going to the laundry mat till very recently. I've decided to save money.

Comment

Working...
                              X