Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What season and why did you stop watching The Walking Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What season and why did you stop watching The Walking Dead?

So, I’ve binged TWD like five years ago and stopped watching when the Negan plot dragged on forever. But, hubby and I started watching it all over again this past weekend, and I’m remembering the first few seasons were so good. I loved Rick and without him, the show seems lost and boring, from what I’ve read. Recalling he was showing up less and less when I was watching. Why?

So, were you into TWD at one time and didn’t finish? Where did you leave off and why? I read today that season 11 is the show finale to wrap up next year.
    Last edited by Deidre; 05-13-2021, 09:14 PM.

I watched a season after Rick died. Then I just realized, they're never gonna do what I want, organize, and wipe out huge masses of zombies. There's just gonna keep being more bad gangs...

Which would be okay if they hadn't wimped out so hard on Negan's gang. The cast should have been molested and stuff, but that's just me.

Comment

I stopped right before negan got involved. Last thing I saw was that season finale where he was introduced and swung his bat at someone to be identified the next season. The only reason I really stopped was because that was as far as Netflix went at the time, and I just didn't feel like getting back into it when they finally added more episodes.

I disagree about Rick though, I always found him obnoxious. Actually, I was not really a fan of anyone on the show. I liked the premise enough to watch it but I kind of wanted all the characters to die.

Comment

• Beach Ball Bitch
      Beach Ball Bitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I love negan, without him there would be no beach ball lady balls.

I could not stand rick either. Nor his son.

i dont know what season it was ...but i remember the last episode i ever watched was when rick blew up a bridge and then fell of the horse onto some re-bar....i figured they were killing him off and i just didnt like these new idiots they were focussing on so i stopped watching

Comment

Interesting no one is still watching! Lol

Undies - you’re the first person I’ve heard who didn’t like Rick. Hmm. His character was only as good as the writing, though. I think they changed writers midstream and for me, that’s when it tanked.

My ideal ending for this show would have been a new world order with Rick and others leading. Negan would be gone. And less ancillary characters who really were uninteresting and lacked depth. And they would have triumphed over all their problems ...standing on top of some obscure mountain...the camera zooming out. Sounds good in my head, anyway.

I forgot until rewatching some of season one that the zombies moved faster than in later seasons. Was this on purpose, do you guys remember? They were more sluggish as time went on but were climbing things and pretty agile in season one. Lol
      Last edited by Deidre; 05-13-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Found this earlier:

Spoiler With the release of the teaser for the Rick Grimes movie, you might be wondering what happened to Rick (Andrew Lincoln) on The Walking Dead. ... But Rick doesn't die. He washes up along a bank where he's found by Anne. She bargains for his life over a walkie-talkie and the two are rescued by a mysterious helicopter.

Sooo,Rick doesn’t die? lol

Sounds a little too Hollywood, at this point. Wow, I wonder if this show finale will be as bad as GoT’s.
        Last edited by Deidre; 05-13-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
          I forgot until rewatching some of season one that the zombies moved faster than in later seasons. Was this on purpose, do you guys remember? They were more sluggish as time went on but were climbing things and pretty agile in season one. Lol
          probably makes sense when you consider that most of them died around the time the show started, and had been deteriorating over the course of several years.

but it probably actually happened because the focus became less on surviving zombies and more on the gangs that emerged from the zombie apocalypse.

Comment

• Deidre
            Deidre commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point!

I never watched it. I dont care much zombie movies, but there are a couple I like. The original Night of the living dead.. And This one was funny

Comment

• Deidre
            Deidre commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s funny, not a zombie genre fan either but TWD was ...convincing. It’s weird watching this during a pandemic, now.

Forgot that Glenn and Maggie had sex in the abandoned pharmacy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
            Interesting no one is still watching! Lol

Undies - you’re the first person I’ve heard who didn’t like Rick. Hmm. His character was only as good as the writing, though. I think they changed writers midstream and for me, that’s when it tanked.

My ideal ending for this show would have been a new world order with Rick and others leading. Negan would be gone. And less ancillary characters who really were uninteresting and lacked depth. And they would have triumphed over all their problems ...standing on top of some obscure mountain...the camera zooming out. Sounds good in my head, anyway.

At the very beginning of the series, zombies could open doors. As a zombie does that.

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, I think they stopped opening doors and being as fast as the series goes on. I don't remember them grabbing people, either as they did in the first couple of seasons.

I got a few epsidoes into the one where Rick isn't there anymore and the daughter is a bit grown up.

Was whack so we gave up.

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get the sense that Rick died? I had read he did, and then found the ''spoiler'' that I posted above.

I never stopped. Season 10 was pretty epic actually. Season 9 was slow, a chore to get through

I found Rick annoying towards the end, some stupid speech almost every episode there for a while

Fear the walking dead season 6, also pretty awesome, Lennie James totally carries that show

Either show, they go another 10 seasons, I'll still watch, just something about a well made zombie movie or TV show that hits the spot

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm excited then to rewatch the seasons I already have, and then continue on, since I didn't see Season 9 or 10. I watched the first few episodes of season 1 of FTWD but, Idk, I fell out of it for some reason. I liked it though, it was oddly enough, so different from TWD. lol Thanks Vanilla - I haven't read many positives about the show after Season 7.

• SpaceMan
              SpaceMan commented
              Editing a comment
              on that one i gave up around the time they brought in the cowboy guy who was the dad on one of those funny sitcoms

Rick didn't die. He was spirited away to a military camp. (Which is asinine.)

But fuck me, right?

He'll be back when his career fails.

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              hahaha what? Omg, I kind of don't mind hearing/reading spoilers, because I know a lot of the better characters are gone, anyway. My favorite season was Alexandria (Season 6?) I just loved when they lived in that high end neighborhood, and then it got overrun by the walkers. Idk, that season was just so different than the others. The additional characters were interesting. I miss Shane, too. Watching this all over again, I remember how strong his character was, and that type of character was never replaced. Negan and his minions weren't all that intimidating to me...I'm not looking forward to hearing that annoying whistling again. -_-

• the Riddler
              the Riddler commented
              Editing a comment
              The whistling was annoying cause they thought they were the law. But that was the whole point, and the best episode IMO. They didn't follow through, though...they were just dorks.

I can't write a TV episode, though, so what do I know. If it were me, Neegan would have just had total slaves. And his minions would have been depraved. Only Rick and his son would have survived.

Yeah, though, spoiler, but Rick gets off the rebar and eventually gets carried off in a helicopter, and that's his last appearance.

Yeah I saw Rick in a chopper. I don't think he died.

But, I also don't see Rick just sitting around a military camp while his daughter is growing up.

Rick wouldn't do that. Rick would blow the army camp up to escape.

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              I've read that they may bring him back for nostalgia sake in the finale. I'm imagining a helicopter scene...some of my friends fell away from watching it because they didn't believe that there would still be enough fuel left after years of the Apocalypse. lol

And I dunno, the whole black guy wants to be a king 😂😂😂😂😂 it's a bit corny and shit, stooges walking around in medieval armour and lances.

Was just kinda dumb for me.

Comment

• Deidre
              Deidre commented
              Editing a comment
              lol Totally agree.It was sort of interesting how different people formed weird communities, though. The garbage / junkyard people were bizarre, too.
          Working...
          X