Black Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Superman

I'm looking forward to this! I hope it's as good as Blacula and Soul Team Six.
    After enlisting Ta-Nehisi Coates to write the latest feature on the superhero, the studio is searching for its director and star as it kick-starts the next phase of its DC universe.

Was shopping at a closeout section years ago for Christmas decor, found some wrapping paper marked down and brought it to ex. She said I don't think we should get that. "Why not?"

It was a Black santa claus.

First time I'd seen that..

Comment

So... is this new superman really called Black Superman? That is unneccessary focussing on his skin color me thinks. Why can't they invent a new kind of superman with a solid title that doesn't revolve around his skin colour? Doesn't look hopeful in terms of originality and plain innocent exciting superhero fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
      Was shopping at a closeout section years ago for Christmas decor, found some wrapping paper marked down and brought it to ex. She said I don't think we should get that. "Why not?"

It was a Black santa claus.

First time I'd seen that..
      Since we have a national conflict in my country about black Pete supposedly being racist and should not be black anymore, which I perceive as a non issue, I feel a black St. Nicolas or Santa Clause should be entirely tolerated. It can even be encouraged. But then of course we should be able to keep Black Pete as well.
      Instead of the whole country having to change Pete to a non offensive colour, why not change Pete to white in certain areas where they find Black Pete most problematic. Get a black St. Nicolas and white Petes as his servants (surely offends some white people in a similar way), and the rest of the country does it their way

I personally couldn't care less if Santa or St. Nicolas would come in both black and white on stuff like wrapping paper.

Comment

• Dr. Doom
        Dr. Doom
        Dr. Doom commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't really care either, was just saying...

• Din Djarin
        Din Djarin
        Din Djarin commented
        Editing a comment
        I have formed an opinion on the matter after it became a controversial thing. But yeah, I'm passively against changing Black Pete. But if they do, at least do it for sound reasons. Not because he was made as a racist stereotype or in the same way came to be as the 'blackface' white actors portraying black roles in the US.

Welcome to Critical Race Theory, my friend...

Comment

Comment

The vegetable kingdom is racist af. Black eyed peas, yellow squash, red peppers. Also, if the flower part has a stamen people automatically identify it as a male plant. When discussing vegetables we should be using the pronoun "them" just to be on the safe side.
          tumbling.dice
          I Am Only An Egg
          Last edited by tumbling.dice; 05-23-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Din Djarin View Post

Since we have a national conflict in my country about black Pete supposedly being racist and should not be black anymore, which I perceive as a non issue, I feel a black St. Nicolas or Santa Clause should be entirely tolerated. It can even be encouraged. But then of course we should be able to keep Black Pete as well.
          Instead of the whole country having to change Pete to a non offensive colour, why not change Pete to white in certain areas where they find Black Pete most problematic. Get a black St. Nicolas and white Petes as his servants (surely offends some white people in a similar way), and the rest of the country does it their way

I personally couldn't care less if Santa or St. Nicolas would come in both black and white on stuff like wrapping paper.
          After sweeping chimneys all over the planet to deliver toys, Santa is indeed very black!

Comment

Originally posted by WritersPanic View Post

After sweeping chimneys all over the planet to deliver toys, Santa is indeed very black!
            Same with black Pete. In fact, its one of the reasons given for why he's black. Already in my childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post
              Welcome to Critical Race Theory, my friend...
              I promise I'll react more in depth in that thread later

Comment

I know I can count on you.

Comment

I can't believe I found this. I remember when it was new!

It's called Black Superman.

Comment

Working...
                  X