90s TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90s TV Shows

Most of the 90s were a blur for me. 80s sitcoms became predictable vomit and some of it leaked across to about 1995.

One show I recall since I watched it stoned fairly often was Duckman..........

Lol

well, being a child/teen of the 90s, that's pretty much my era of entertainment.
    Let's see,

Full House
    Boy Meets World
    Home Improvement
    Sister, Sister

Dawson's Creek lol

So many more!

Comment

That's when The Simpsons was in its prime; I would watch that and then we'd talk about it the next day at work. Seinfeld was big but, curiously, I never watched it although everyone was talking about it. I watch it in re-runs now and laugh my ass off.

I had a buddy, let's call him "Joe", who loved Friends. I never really got that. He was a beer drinking, AK-47 owning bearded dude with an important looking gut but he liked Friends? Also, he was in love with Alanis Morrisett. I never really got that either.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbling.dice View Post
        That's when The Simpsons was in its prime; I would watch that and then we'd talk about it the next day at work. Seinfeld was big but, curiously, I never watched it although everyone was talking about it. I watch it in re-runs now and laugh my ass off.

I had a buddy, let's call him "Joe", who loved Friends. I never really got that. He was a beer drinking, AK-47 owning bearded dude with an important looking gut but he liked Friends? Also, he was in love with Alanis Morrisett. I never really got that either.
        I found Friends to be too forced most of the time. The men were oddly written and cast although one was able to recycle his character from Married with Children. I think How I met Your Mother was a substantial improvement because it exaggerated so many things making it more like what I expect from comedy.

Still, there's nothing like Seinfeld for that......

Comment

TGIF was at its prime in the early 90s. The Winslow family was wholesome, and who could forget Steve Urkel. I liked Step By Step, even though it was a 1990s Brady Bunch knock-off. I also liked Dinosaurs the TV show. MTV actually played music videos. Beavis and Butthead was the edgiest show on TV at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-eyed View Post
            TGIF was at its prime in the early 90s. The Winslow family was wholesome, and who could forget Steve Urkel. I liked Step By Step, even though it was a 1990s Brady Bunch knock-off. I also liked Dinosaurs the TV show. MTV actually played music videos. Beavis and Butthead was the edgiest show on TV at the time.
            I can remember that MTV used to show, I guess "alternative" videos at night, around midnight approximately. In the 80s was a late night thing called the basement tapes that was pretty cool.

Does MTV even still exist?

Comment

I watched all of those too...well, except B&B. I didn't have cable.

Comment

I can remember that MTV used to show, I guess "alternative" videos at night, around midnight approximately. In the 80s was a late night thing called the basement tapes that was pretty cool.

No multiquote option?? I don't remember "basement tapes", but we did actually have cable in the 80s for MTV. That's where I learned of all the stuff my parents enjoyed, that I now also enjoy I don't think it's still around though. It was going downhill in the 90s and then was completely gone in the early 2000s, if memory serves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fundoo View Post

No multiquote option?? I don't remember "basement tapes", but we did actually have cable in the 80s for MTV. That's where I learned of all the stuff my parents enjoyed, that I now also enjoy I don't think it's still around though. It was going downhill in the 90s and then was completely gone in the early 2000s, if memory serves.
                  Multi-quote like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	quote.png
Views:	27
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	3588

Comment

Multi-quote like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	quote.png Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	3588
                    ah! cool, thanks! lol "^ tell me your secrets!"

edit: i did the quotes part before, but didn't see the button above.

Comment

I watched all of those too...well, except B&B. I didn't have cable.
                      I was deprived of cable television in the 90s as well. I found a way to watch Beavis and Butthead at a friend's house, or at my dad's place of work.

Comment

Yeah, but it's reality crap like the other shows are now. I really miss the old MTV. Headbanger's Ball was a staple for me in late 80s. I came to the conclusion that Rikki Rachtman's leather jacket is like Tony Iommi's of Black Sabbath. Must be permanently glued on, never comes off.

Comment

I was deprived of cable television in the 90s as well. I found a way to watch Beavis and Butthead at a friend's house, or at my dad's place of work.
                          I used to go to a friend's house to watch Ren & Stimpy...while having some suds and a couple of bong hits. Funny! But watching that show sober seemed pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Amerijuanican View Post

I used to go to a friend's house to watch Ren & Stimpy...while having some suds and a couple of bong hits. Funny! But watching that show sober seemed pointless.
                            I was always careful not to be eating when that show was on. You just never knew what kind of cartoon revulsion might be presented.

Comment

• Fun
                              Fun commented
                              Editing a comment
                              yeah, i didn't exactly watch it, but saw an episode recently. it was the toothache one. oh my!

Married With Children. Still watching reruns of this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X